Autel Maxiscan MS409 OBDii Scan Tool Review
Autel’s MaxiScan MS409 OBD-II/EOBD Scanner does just that. It is designed to provide easy, quick and dependable access to Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and their definitions for OBDii-compliant vehicles when the check engine light or Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) comes on.
Since the large majority of vehicles on the road today comply with OBDii requirements (Eobd in Europe) it means that almost anyone can take advantage of the robust features of the Autel MaxiScan409 Scanner. It doesn’t matter the make or model of your vehicle, the MaxiScan 409 supports all current obd2 computer communication protocols including CAN and has access to the generic and manufacturer specific codes.
The ease-of-use, rugged exterior and large backlit display screen makes the Maxiscan 409 an indispensable tool in the garage of any vehicle owner.
- Works with all 1996 and later OBD-II compliant US, European and Asian vehicles
- Easily determines the cause of the Check Engine Light ( MIL)
- Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0) and manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes
- Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors
- Displays DTC(Diagnostic Trouble Codes) definitions on unit screen
- Views freezeframe data which are the sensor readings generated and stored on vehicle computers during MIL instances
- Displays monitor and I/M readiness status necessary for required emissions testing
- Identifies pending codes
- Memory/battery backup for off-vehicle data review and analysis
- Multilingual menu and DTC definitions (English, Spanish, French, German)
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN)
- Built-in OBD-II DTC lookup library
- Software upgradeable via Internet
- Utilizes standard 16-pin OBD-II connector meaning no additional connectors or cables are necessary
Lots of great features for a reasonable price! But what does that mean for you?
- You can make sure your vehicle is ready for an emissions test
- You can identify why your ‘check engine light’ came on, fix the problem and turn the light off
- You can save money at the repair shop by telling them exactly what to fix You can save money by shopping for the necessary parts & fixing the problems yourself
- You can be confident in your ability to maintain your vehicle in tip-top shape
- The tool only identifies engine related problems It doesn’t identify problems on pre-1996 vehicles
- Upgrading the software can be difficult
- Support response may be slow
Here are some reviews of the product from current owners……
Works like a charm cannot beat the price, October 6, 2010
I am an ASE Master Tech and bought this for home use and it works like a charm! cannot beat the price just plug it in and your off it gives you history codes and has a code library plus free online update don’t pass this one up Read the original review here.
Good product and great service., December 31, 2010
Glad I read the reviews. This appears to be the one to buy. Instructions, onscreen codes, and price make this a worthwhile product. I used it right out of the box and fixed the problem, cleared the codes, and saved a bundle over going to a dealer. Read the original review here.
Works and saves bucks, October 17, 2010
Used this on a stubborn code 446 problem that would have cost at least one limb for the dealer to track down. Last time I took my truck in for a check “engine light” it cost $100+ for them to diagnose and replace a gas cap! After having this scanner for the last couple months and doing a sequential parts check I was able to fix the problem with minimal expense. Knowing what part is needed and shopping around cut the cost in half for the part….. Read the original review here.
I think the Autel MaxiScan MS490 is a very servicable tool for the novice and experienced user alike. Most of us aren’t professional mechanics and just want to have some good data available when we visit the repair shop. The MS409 provides that at a price that you would spend having dinner out with your family. And you can recoup the cost easily with just one scan of your vehicle. You can take action today & make one part of your life easier by getting the Autel MaxiScan MS409 here.